Arabic Lead Facilitator
The Lisbon Project is a non-profit organization that exists to protect and integrate the lives of migrants and refugees in the city of Lisbon. We are currently seeking an intern to assist in the processes of welcoming, guiding and track- keeping of community members registered to the association.
As a Connect Team Member, you will be required to guide Arabic speaking community members to LP services, help navigate basic Portuguese services and being the member´s main contact person at the Lisbon Project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with our Connect Manager to understand the needs of our Arabic speaking community.
- Lead a team of arabic speaking volunteers facilitators and delegate tasks as you see fits.
- Communicate with Arabic Speaking community members, sharing relevant and updated information from the Lisbon Project.
- Understanding the needs of the community and respond accordingly.
- When possible, assist beneficiaries by making appointments via phone or email, or redirect issue to Legal Aid Program´s Bridge Team.
- Help translate any important documentation relevant to the beneficiary.
- Encourage community members and volunteers to participate in regular gatherings at the Lisbon Project such as dinners and Family Friday.
- Fluent in English and Arabic. Portuguese is a bonus.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Must have leadership skills and ability to efficiently delegate tasks.
- Strong interpersonal communication including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Must have a friendly and respectful personality.
- Willingness to work with your own personal computer and cellphone.
- Problem solving skills are highly valued.
- Working in a team that aims to create impact
- Develop leadership skills in a dynamic and fun setting.
- Know that you are contributing to the positive, healthy relationship building and empowerment of the community.
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting to know their stories.
Time Commitment: 15- 20 hours a week
Intern Reports to: Connect Manager
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.