Assistant to the Co-communities Program Manager
As the assistant to the Co-communities Program Manager, you will be responsible for providing support in the planning of events, courses and activities that promote diversity, inclusion and integration through community building. You will help the program manager to handle events from start to finish, interacting with in-house teams and beneficiaries. Our ideal candidate has experience in events management and is capable of working well both independently and with a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee assigned activities, supporting in the development, coordination, management and implementation processes to maximize participation and ensure beneficiary satisfaction.
- Support Program manager in the creation of job descriptions and recruitment of new volunteers to join the team.
- Support Program Manager in the creation and maintenance of a calendar to all stakeholders,which includes both short- and long-term events/activities.
- Participate in team meetings and make notes regarding main agenda-points and decisions made.
- Support program manager in the supervision of data-outcomes. Ensure that activities and attendances are properly tracked. Report any Aidhound discrepancies or faults.
- Establish close communication with beneficiaries and volunteers about Cocommunities activities (i.e. workshops, dinners, outings).
- Fluent in English and/or Portuguese, other language skills are valued.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coordinating and delivering effective programs.
- Detail-oriented and efficient.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Strong interpersonal communication including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Working in a team that aims to create impact
- Work experience
- Develop leadership skills in a dynamic and fun setting
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long)!
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting know their stories
Time Commitment: 6 hours a week minimum
Volunteer reports to: Co-communities Program Manager
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.