Benevolence Driver Volunteer
As the Benevolence Program Driver you will have the opportunity to work alongside a team that is creating meaningful impact on the lives of refugees and migrants in Lisbon. You will be responsible for supporting the delivering and project managing the successful implementation of the Benevolence Program.
You will work with the Benevolence Program Manager and the Benevolence Program Assistant to ensure beneficiaries receive support with clothes, household appliances and furniture they need to start their new life in Portugal.
You will be in communication with the Benevolence Program Manager/Assistant to coordinate deliveries and collections between donors and beneficiaries, getting them directly to the homes of refugees and migrants who need them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be available one or twice a week to carry out deliveries and collections
- Be able to drive the Lisbon Project van
- Carry heavier items such as furniture
- Full Driving License
- Fluent in English and Portuguese; other language skills are valued.
- Detail-oriented and efficient.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity
- Working in a team that aims to create impact
- Work experience
- Develop leadership skills in a dynamic and fun setting.
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long)!
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting to know their stories.
Volunteer Reports to: Benevolence Program Manager
Time Commitment: 10 hours a week, for a minimum of 6 months
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.