Benevolence Program Assistant
As the Lisbon Project’s Benevolence Program Assistant you will have the opportunity to work alongside a team that is creating meaningful impact on the lives of refugees and migrants in Lisbon. You will be responsible for supporting the delivering and project managing the successful implementation of the Benevolence Program.
You will work with the Benevolence Program Manager to ensure beneficiaries receive support with clothes, household appliances and furniture they need to start their new life in Portugal.
You will coordinate the Benevolence team to organise prompt collection and deliveries of donated items, getting them directly to the homes of refugees and migrants who need them.
You would also be in direct contact with non-LP personnel and agencies that provide alternative support for food, accommodation and other immediate needs such as baby supplies for the many families who are registered with the Lisbon Project.
The Benevolence Program Assistant will work closely with the Benevolence Program Manager, Program Director, Benevolence team and Beneficiary Facilitators ensuring that program goals and beneficiary’s individual needs are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and/or execute the transportation of donated goods.
- Organise monthly pop-up store across the last Friday and Saturday of every month.
- Organise regular planning and budget-related meetings for the Benevolence Program.
- Provide individualised support to members of the Lisbon Project community.
- Gather program outcomes data and measure results;
- Maintain detailed records of all activities and assessments on the Lisbon Project’s database Aidhound.
- Follow up and track beneficiaries’ progress within the program, certifying maximum participation and development.
- Monitor incoming and outgoing donations
- Establish communication and partnerships with organizations that provide food, baby supplies and accommodation support to migrants and refugees in Portugal.
- Fluent in English and Portuguese; other language skills are valued.
- Detail-oriented and efficient.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Working in a team that aims to create impact
- Work experience
- Develop leadership skills in a dynamic and fun setting.
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long)!
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting to know their stories.
Volunteer Reports to: Benevolence Program Manager
Time Commitment: 20 hours a week, for a minimum of 6 months
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.