Benevolence Program Manager
As the Lisbon Project’s Benevolence Program Manager you will have the opportunity to lead a team that is creating meaningful impact on the lives of refugees and migrants in Lisbon. You will be responsible for delivering and project managing the successful implementation of the Benevolence Program.
You will ensure beneficiaries receive support with clothes, household appliances and furniture they need to start their new life in Portugal. You will need to recruit and supervise a team to welcome, keep track of and control influx of material donations (clothes, appliances, furniture, etc.) as well as ensuring that they are properly handled and efficiently allocated to families.
You will coordinate the Benevolence team to organise prompt collection and deliveries of donated items, getting them directly to the homes of refugees and migrants who need them.
You would also be in direct contact with non-LP personnel and agencies that provide alternative support for food, accommodation and other immediate needs such as baby supplies for the many families who are registered with the Lisbon Project.
The Benevolence Program Manager will work closely with the Program Director, Benevolence team and Beneficiary Facilitators ensuring that program goals and beneficiary’s individual needs are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee service programming: develop, coordinate, manage, implement and evaluate systems within the program.
• Update Director of Program with challenges and ideas.
• Establish communication and partnerships including setting up referrals with organizations that provide food, baby supplies and accommodation support to migrants and refugees in Portugal.
• Develop partnership protocols and proposals to help further develop the program.
• Build and train a team for the program. Supervise Baby Supplies Lead and Food Provisions Lead
• Coordinate and/or execute the transportation of donated goods.
• Organize weekly pop-up store on Fridays as well as the last Saturday of every month.
• Organise regular planning and budget-related meetings for the Benevolence Program.
• Attend weekly Program Manager meetings and contribute to the Program Department tasks.
• Provide individualized support to members of the Lisbon Project community.
• Gather program outcomes data and measure results; evaluate and report on program effectiveness in meeting objectives and make recommendations for future program improvements.
• Maintain detailed records of all activities and assessments on the Lisbon Project’s database Aidhound.
• Follow up and track beneficiaries’ progress within the program, certifying maximum participation and development.
• Monitor incoming and outgoing donations.
- Fluent in English and Portuguese; other language skills are valued.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to drive the LP donations van.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, project managing and delivering effective programs.
- Detail-oriented and efficient.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Working in a team that aims to create impact
- Work experience
- Develop leadership skills in a dynamic and fun setting.
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting to know their stories
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long)!
Time Commitment: 20 hours a week, for a minimum of 6 months.
Volunteer reports to: Director of Programs
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.