Bilingual Portuguese / English Teacher for Linguistic Project
As a Brincar com Palavras Teacher, you will be responsible to provide academic assistance to a group of non-Portuguese school going children between the ages of 4 and 16 years old, using games and music.
Your main goal will be to help the students increase their Portuguese/English vocabulary as well as their confidence in speaking these languages in a fun and enjoyable manner. Children play games, enjoy songs and dance while practicing Portuguese and/or English. Classes are 90 minutes long and happen on Saturday’s afternoon.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and deliver the curriculum provided by the Lisbon Project.
- Inspire and motivate students to learn and practice the language.
- Keep accurate attendance record and follow up with students who have missed class.
- Address inappropriate and disciplinary issues promptly.
- Be punctual and prepared for each lesson.
- Maintain frequent and open communication with the Linguistic Project Lead and the parents of the students.
- Fluent in Portuguese and English
- Must be outgoing and friendly
- Must have the ability to work with children and teenagers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Cultural awareness and ability to interact with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
- Working in a team that aims to create impact
- Work experience
- Develop leadership skills in a dynamic and fun setting.
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long)!
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting to know their stories
Time Commitment: 2-3 hours a week for a minimum of 6 months.
Volunteer reports to : Linguistic Project Lead
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.