Creative Saturday Lead
Creative Saturday is a program aimed at school aged children between the ages of 4 and 15 years old. Each quarter, children are able to register for either visual arts, dance, drama, music class or other creative activities. As Creative Saturday Lead, you will be responsible for managing all activities within the Program. You will also be needed to support and train volunteers within this program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage existing Creative Saturday program activities.
- Participate in strategic planning for the Creative Saturday program.
- Create and expand creative art opportunities for children.
- Recruit, train and provide ongoing support to volunteers.
- Assist in lesson plans and implementation.
- Plan and execute quarterly art show case for parents and public.
- Reach out and establish partnerships in different artistic areas.
- Prepare evaluations and create reports on progress of activities as well as on individuals.
- Ensure that children ́s varying needs and interests are met.
- Maintain frequent and open communication with parents of children as well as with the Education Team
- Must be creative and energetic.
- Must have the ability to work with children.
- Must have appreciation for art.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including effective listening.
- Must have the ability to creatively and flexibly solve problems as they arise.
- Cultural awareness and ability to interact with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds.
- Working in a team that aims to create impact
- Work experience
- Develop leadership skills in a dynamic and fun setting.
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long)!
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting know their stories .
Volunteer Reports to: Education Program Manager
Time Commitment: 10 hours a week minimum for a minimum commitment of 6 months
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.