CV Editing Lead
The CV Program actively assists beneficiaries at a key stage of the process of finding a job, namely drafting their CVs. The Program provides individualized support in this regard by connecting beneficiaries with trained volunteers in a collaborative process that lasts 1-2 sessions (depending on beneficiary’s needs). As the CV Editing Lead, you would work closely with the CV Program Coordinator and CV Editors, being responsible for assuring that the program is running smoothly and the quality of the CVs created meet or exceed the Lisbon Project’s minimum requirements.
We don’t expect you to have prior experience with CVs. There will be detailed trainings until you feel ready to work independently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead training sessions for newly recruited CV Editors.
- Work with CV Program Coordinator and service supervisors to plan and execute regular training and feedback sessions with volunteers within the Employment Program.
- Update training material and CV templates whenever applicable.
- Proofread CVs and give honest and constructive feedback to CV Editors.
- Approve finalized CVs.
- Support CV Editors with any difficulty or queries they may have.
- Support the CV Program Coordinator in whatever it’s necessary.
- Friendliness (you must be a people person and eager to help!)
- Cultural awareness and ability to interact with people from different cultures, genders, and religious backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Respect of beneficiary confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to record and organize all necessary documentation (training manual and CV templates) to ensure the continuity of the implementation, maintenance, and effectiveness of the quality control within the Employment Program.
- Ability to speak clearly and exercise good judgement.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of Portuguese is well considered. Any other language will be appreciated.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Google Docs).
- Working in a team that aims to create impact.
- Work experience.
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long)!
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting to know their stories.
Time Commitment: 4 hours a week minimum.
Location : Lisbon
Volunteer reports to: CV Program Coordinator
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.