The Benevolence Program is responsible for the management of the donations that arrive in the Lisbon Project – the donated items range from clothing and shoe wear to toys and books!
As a Donations Assistant, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a team that is creating a meaningful impact on the lives of refugees and migrants in Lisbon. You will be involved in several initiatives taken at the Lisbon Project, such as the Pop-Up Store, Baby Supplies, and other seasonal campaigns.
Your work space will be our Social Store, a storage place where we keep every donation that we receive. We count on you to help us organise, categorise, and keep an inventory of donated items. You will help us to provide the best response to our community members’ basic needs.
You will work closely with the Benevolence Program Manager, Programs Director, and Benevolence team, ensuring that program goals and our community members’ individuals needs are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance in the ‘Family Friday Pop Up Store’ and monthly Pop-Up Store (setting up and/or taking down of the store, interact with beneficiaries, etc).
- Provide assistance in our seasonal campaigns (Back to School, Winter, Christmas, etc).
- Help the Baby Supplies Lead taking care of the setting up and handing out of such supplies.
- Categorize and filter new donated items according to the Lisbon Project’s donation policy.
- Update the inventory of donated items and of requested items.
- Be present and provide guidance and help to any questions beneficiaries may have regarding different items.
- Fluent in English or Portuguese, other language skills are valued.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a multicultural team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Availability on Fridays from 14:30 to 18:30 and on the last Saturday of each month (10:00-13:00 and/or 14:00-17:00).
- Contribution to social impact – self-fulfillment and personal growth in pursuing a valuable cause
- Work experience
- Working in a team that aims to create impact
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long)!
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting to know their stories.
Volunteer Reports to: Benevolence Program Manager
Time Commitment: Minimum of 4 hours a week, for a minimum of 6 months commitment.
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.