Education Program Manager Assistant
We are currently seeking an intern to assist the Education Program Manager as the program grows. Your primary responsibilities will be the undertaking of a variety of administrative and program organization and management tasks. The goal will be to support all tasks necessary to help deliver and manage a successful and expanding Education Program according to the organization’s standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining detailed records of program data and information and updating necessaryinformation in the Lisbon Project database and Onedrive files.
- Follow up and track beneficiaries’ progress within the program, certifying maximum participation and development. Update, track and monitor student attendance in classesand contact students who are missing classes.
- Responsible for the Education Program email, monitoring the account and responding to general inquiries and questions.
- Assist beneficiaries in education related requests, providing essential information about access to educational opportunities within the Lisbon Project as well as facilitating access outside the organization.
- Working together with the program coordinator to prioritize, define and develop new services and activities for each quarter including courses and workshops, and assist in sourcing and organizing resources (volunteers, space, etc.) necessary to launch service and overseeing their launch.
- Organizing and overseeing registration processes for all activities within the program.
- Support volunteer teachers by organizing teacher trainings and workshops.
- Responsible for conceptualizing and organizing program events and team building activities.
- Accompany language classes to gain a broader understanding of services within program and identify areas for improvement and ways to better assist volunteer teachers and students for a better overall experience.
- Organize and collect feedback on services within the program on a quarterly basis to report back to the program coordinator regarding areas for improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communicationskills, as well as ability to exercise good judgement.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to set own goals and deadlines.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Detail-oriented and efficient.
- Friendliness and ability to capture information from verbal interviews.
- Basic skills with document writing and development of powerpoint typepresentations.
- Cultural awareness and ability to interact with people from different cultures, genders.
- Respect of beneficiary and volunteer confidentiality.
- Linguistic skills are desirable, Fluency in English and Portuguese (fluency in another language is a bonus)
- Willingness to work with your own personal computer and cellphone.
- Working in a team that aims to create impact.
- Work experience.
- Experience Certificate.
- Free tea and coffee when at the LP (like all day long).
- Participation in a diverse and unique environment.
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting to know their stories.
Time Commitment: 20-25 hours a week for 4-6 months period.
Intern reports to: Education Program Manager
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.