Education Program Manager
As the Lisbon Project’s Education Program Manager, you will be responsible for undertaking a variety of administrative and program management tasks. The goal will be to deliver and manage the successful implementation of the Education Program according to the organization’s standards. Among other tasks, this position involves developing various workshops and courses, sourcing and budgeting supplies, overseeing registration processes, assessing beneficiaries’ skill set needs and matching volunteers to compatible responsibilities by aligning their preferences and skills to the needs of the department. You will also be responsible for maintaining detailed records of all activities and assessments within the program for further data evaluation. To be an excellent program manager, you must be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with different people, having strong communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all programming within designated area; develop, coordinate, manage, implement and evaluate program to maximize participation, outcomes and beneficiary satisfaction.
- Supervise program, services and volunteers.
- Update HR Manager with volunteer needs and related job descriptions.
- Ensure volunteers are properly trained and capable for successful execution.
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda.
- Establish close communication with interested beneficiaries about program activities.
- Source necessary supplies, curriculums and/or necessary equipment.
- Manage and oversee registration processes for all activities within program.
- Assist beneficiaries in education related requests, providing essential information about access to educational opportunities within the Lisbon Project as well as facilitating access outside the organization.
- Follow up and track beneficiaries’ progress within the program, certifying maximum participation and development.
- Participate in organizational planning and budgeting process relating to program.
- Gather program outcomes data and measure results; evaluate and report on program effectiveness in meeting objectives and make recommendations for future program improvements.
- Develop tailor-made and innovative strategies for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a portfolio of relevant partners in collaboration with development team.
- Represent the Lisbon Project and lead presentations about the organization in educational settings such as local schools.
- Fluent in English and Portuguese, other language skills are valued.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coordinating and delivering effective programs.
- Detail-oriented and efficient.
- Experience in teaching.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Strong interpersonal communication including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Working in a team that aims to create impact
- Work experience
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long)!
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting know their stories
Time Commitment: 20 hours a week
Volunteer reports to : Education Program Manager
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.