ExpressARTE is a creative art program aimed at school aged children between the ages of 4 and 15 years old. Each quarter, children are able to register for either visual arts, dance, drama or music class. As ExpressARTE Lead, you will be responsible to manage all activities within the ExpressARTE Program.You will also be needed to support and train volunteers within this program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage existing ExpressARTE program activities.
- Participate in strategic planning for the ExpressARTE program.
- Create and expand creative art opportunities for children.
- Recruit, train and provide ongoing support to volunteers.
- Assist in lesson plans and implementation.
- Plan and execute quarterly art show case for parents and public.
- Reach out and establish partnerships in different artistic areas.
- Prepare evaluations and create reports on progress of activities as well as on individuals.
- Ensure that children ́s varying needs and interests are met.
- Maintain frequent and open communication with parents of childrenas well as Coordinator for Women and Childrenof the Lisbon Project.
- Must be creative and energetic.
- Must have the ability to work with children.
- Must have appreciation for art.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including effective listening.
- Must have the ability to creatively and flexibly solve problems as they arise.
- Cultural awareness and ability to interact with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds.
- Working in a team that aims to create impact
- Work experience
- Develop leadership skills in a dynamic and fun setting.
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long)!
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting know their stories .
Volunteer Reports to: Coordinator of Activities for Women and Children
Time Commitment: 10 hours a week minimum
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.