Family Friday Volunteer
As a Family Friday volunteer you will be a vital member of a team that is making a meaningful impact to refugees and migrants in Lisbon. The Lisbon Project is set on building a community that empowers and integrates migrants and refugees. We value relationship building in all that we do, and the Community Life Department is the central focus of making this all happen, through events, social gatherings and regular excursions.
Your role will help bring our beneficiaries, volunteers and partners together in a social gathering each week at the LisbonProject. You will be part of a team that creates a safe but fun and entertaining space for community members to be together. Tasks will include facilitating group games and discussions, preparing snacks and ensuring a clean area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support with planning and implementing of weekly social gathering.
- Prepare and set out all resources (music, games and snacks), ensuring that the space is inviting and clean.
- Research/create and facilitate group games and meaningful discussions.
- Be part of weekly gatherings, engaging with community members who attend.
- Be open and present to create meaningful relationships with community members.
- Record attendance and give feedback to the Team Coordinator about social gatherings.
- Be aware of other activities happening at the Lisbon Project and be abridge to other services.
- Must have a fun, creative and outgoing personality.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Be able to speak Portuguese and/or Arabic is a bonus.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, ability to create and maintain positive relationships.
- Must have ability to creatively and flexibly solve problems as they arise.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Cultural awareness and ability to interact with people from different cultures, genders, religions, and backgrounds.
- Dedication and passion for working with people.
- Working in a team that aims to create impact.
- Develop leadership skills in a dynamic and fun setting.
- Know that you are contributing to the positive, healthy relationship building and empowerment of the community.
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting to know their stories.
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long)!
Volunteer Reports to: Family Friday Team Coordinator
Time Commitment: 4 hours a week minimum (Fridays 15h00-19h00)
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.