As the Lisbon Project’s Finance Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting the Director of Finance in managing, processing and book keeping accounts and transactions. To be an excellent Finance Assistant, you must be very organized and detail-oriented. The goal will be to assist the Director of Finance in order to maintain full financial transparency, accountability and efficiency according to organizational standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help oversee and manage account;
- Collect all receipts and file according to categories;
- Tracking and reconciling bank statements;
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified;
- Execute payments of bills and necessary bank transfers;
- Create, send and follow up on donation receipts;
- Collect and deposit organization’s received donations;
- Collect information for and prepare payroll payments for employees;
- Assist in the management and supervision of department budgets;
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency and cost reduction;
- Help with analysis and forecast for quarterly and yearly budgets.
- Fluent in English and Portuguese;
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. Quicken).
- Working in a team that aims to create impact;
- Participation in a diverse and unique environment;
- Networking opportunities – getting connected to partner institutions, philanthropists and people of all backgrounds;
- Contribution to social impact – self-fulfillment and personal growth in pursuing a valuable cause;
- Multi-tasking – having the flexibility to work with different departments and teams, growing in the knowledge and experience of each as well as developing diverse skills to meet the needs presented;
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting to know their stories;
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long!)
Time Commitment: 20 / 25 hours per week minimum – for 6 months
Intern reports to: Director of Finance
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.