Graphic Designer Volunteer
The Lisbon Project is a nonprofit organization established in 2017 to build a community that integrates and empowers migrants and refugees. As a Graphic Designer Volunteer, you will have the opportunity to impact people’s lives through your art and skills. Your duty is fundamental to communicate the values, mission and vision of the Lisbon Project, both externally and internally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all visual communication of the Lisbon Project follows our design guidelines;
- Create posters and graphics for activities developed by the Lisbon Project;
- Produce LP merch items for selling and gifting;
- Update existing designs to reflect operational changes;
- Maintain an internal ticket system for design requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, design, communications, or related field (pref.)
- Must be fluent in English (Portuguese is highly valued and other languages are a plus)
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images (eg. Photoshop)
- Create and manipulate vectorial design (eg. Illustrator)
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects, ensuring that they are completed with high quality and on schedule
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent eye for detail
- Working in a team that aims to create impact
- Making a considerable difference to the lives of migrants and refugees
- Work experience
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long)!
- Meeting people from all over the world and hearing their stories
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours a week
Duration: Minimum 6 months
Volunteer reports to: Design & IT Manager
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.