Health Program Assistant
As the Health Assistant, you will be a vital member of a team that is making a meaningful impact to refugees and migrants in Lisbon. The Programs Department is at the heart of the Lisbon Project empowering migrants and creating a sense of belonging through providing support in health, education, employment, legal aid and benevolence.
You will provide administrative and project management support to ensure the smooth running of all the health program activities within the Lisbon Project. You will work alongside the Health Program Manager and other Program Managers providing support in the planning, execution and monitoring of all health program-related services.
You will be a key communicator between staff and volunteers and health partners within the Lisbon Project and together with the Health Program Manager, help ensure that Programs are executed to a high standard as well as certifying that processes and outcomes are recorded accordingly. You will strive to improve our health and wellbeing programs for the community we serve and focus on feedback and evaluation always listening to the voices of our beneficiaries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Communication and Event Planning
- Support with planning and delivering events and activities.
- Assist the Program Manager with communications with volunteers, beneficiaries and partners via Slack, email or the Programs mobile phone.
- Work closely with Fundraising and Communications Department to provide content for social media, newsletters and web.
- Facilitate clear and consistent communication between Program Managers, Program Director and other teams in the Lisbon Project.
- Responsible for overseeing the monitoring and capturing of information on our database Aidhound
- Create and deliver training and support on data input and processes to Program teams.
- Maintain accurate and relevant data on all health activities to help report regularly on the impact of Program activities.
- Handle a variety of administrative tasks, including scheduling meetings and minute taking during weekly meetings
- Responsible for implementing key project management processes across the Programs and providing support to Program Managers.
- Support with financial management and budgeting within the Programs.
Evaluating and Reporting
- Assist the Program Director in the production of regular reports and presentations.
- Help to develop and monitor methods to capture feedback from beneficiaries and partners to maximise the impact and quality of every activity and service we provide.
- Fluent in English and ideally in Portuguese as well ; other language skills are valued.
- Detail-oriented and efficient.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to set own goals and deadlines.
- Project management skills
- Cultural awareness and ability to interact with people from different cultures, genders and backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, ability to create and maintain positive relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as ability to exercise good judgement.
- Confident in data input and maintaining and reporting from databases.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Networking opportunities – getting connected to partner institutions, philanthropists and people of all backgrounds
- Contribution to social impact – self-fulfillment and personal growth in pursuing a valuable cause
- Knowledge growth – learning about immigration related processes, contexts and realities as well as other NGO related topics in Portugal
- Multi-tasking – having the flexibility to work with different departments and teams, growing in the knowledge and experience of each as well as developing diverse skills to meet the needs presented
- Develop leadership and project management skills in a dynamic and fun setting.
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting to know their stories.
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long!)
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week
Intern/volunteer reports to: Health Program Manager
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.