Homework Club Coordinator
The Lisbon Project is a non-profit organization that exists to protect and integrate the lives of migrants and refugees in the city of Lisbon. We are currently seeking volunteers to lead our Homework Club program aiming at pairing children with difficulties with certain subjects at school and tutors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit new tutors in close collaboration with Human Resources.
- Ensure that all safeguarding rules and procedures are being followed.
- Train tutors in order to provide helpful tutoring sessions for the children subscribed to the program.
- Improve our training strategies to improve the quality of the tutoring sessions
- Pair children with tutors.
- Oversee the planning of the tutoring sessions (space, scheduling, …).
- Make sure that both children and tutors are attending tutoring sessions.
- Set up a quarterly review with the parents and the tutors.
- Set up a monthly meeting with the tutors and team building activities.
- Get some feedback from the children and their parents, as well as from the tutors.
- Maintain frequent contact with the Education Program Manager.
- Develop new partnerships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including effective listening.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Cultural awareness and ability to interact with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds.
- Previous experience in human resources would be preferable.
- A background in education, especially the Portuguese educational system, would be preferable.
- Fluency in Portuguese is required
- Fluency in English is required
- Working in a team that aims to create impact.
- Making a considerable difference to the lives of migrants and refugees.
- Work experience in a rewarding environment.
- Free tea and coffee all day long.
- Meeting people from all over the world and hearing their stories.
Time Commitment: 10 hours per week for 6 months commitment
Intern Reports to: Education Program Manager
Start Date : As soon as possible (January 2023)
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.