Homework Club Coordinator
The Lisbon Project is a non-profit organization that exists to protect and integrate the lives of migrants and refugees in the city of Lisbon. This internship is an opportunity to develop your skills in leadership, problem solving, time management and many others. As the Homework Club Coordinator, you will be responsible to manage and support volunteer tutors for school going children at the Lisbon Project. Our tutoring program aims to support up to 60 non-Portuguese school going children with academic assistance. Your main goal will be to coordinate schedules and connect families with tutors. You will need to train and support and supervise new tutors ensuring that positive and quality teaching is offered throughout.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and provide ongoing support to volunteer tutors
- Research and implement appropriate curricula
- Participate in strategic planning for Children’s Education department
- Make sure that all families know about the opportunity to have a tutor
- Assigning tutors to school aged children in need of tutoring
- Follow up and write reports on child’s progress in homework club and at school
- Inspire and motivate volunteers to do tasks with excellence
- Keep up dated with all beneficiary request forms on our database, Aidhound
- Assist families in process of registering/enrolling in Portuguese public school as well as other school administrative related documents.
- Must be a native Portuguese speaker
- Must have the ability to work with children
- Cultural awareness and ability to interact with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Use of personal laptop
- Working in a team that aims to create impact
- Work experience
- Make a difference in the school life of a child
- Free tea and coffee(like all day long)!
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting to know their stories
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week for 6 months commitment
Volunteer Reports to: Education Program Manager
Let’s impact lives together!