How to get SNS number?
Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following details of each person to register:
- Date of Birth
- Phone number
- Email address
- Home address (including post code)
- Household kinship (father, mother, son, daughter…)
And attach the following documents to the e-mail of each person to register:
- Copy of ID (Passport or residency card)
- NIF number (if you have one)
- NISS number (if you have one)
- If the beneficiary is not yet a legal resident, but is in the process of applying (Despacho nº 3863-B/2020) include in the email proof of Appointment or any other proof/receipt that you have submitted your documents to SEF.
Should they need additional documents, they will contact you asking.
Important: the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org only applies to residents in the following freguesias (parishes) of Lisbon: Areeiro, Arroios, Beato, Campo de Ourique, Estrela, Marvila, Misericórdia, Olivais, Parque das Nações, Penha de França, Santa Maria Maior, Santo António and São Vicente. If you live outside of one of these areas, please find the Health Office (Agrupamento de Centros de Saúde) in your region here: https://www.sns.gov.pt/sns/pesquisa-prestadores/ (make sure you fill out the search form according to the image below).