Information about Social Integration Income (RSI – Rendimento Social de Inserção)
This page is a summarised and translated version of the original Portuguese document on 02/Apr/2020. For further information visit: http://www.seg-social.pt/rendimento-social-de-insercao
What is it?
This is a fund destined to protect people that find themselves in a situation of extreme poverty defined by:
- A financial instalment to ensure their basic needs are met
- An integration plan (made of actions established within an agreement according to the conditions of the individual or family, aiming towards a social, professional and community integration).
What are you entitled to?
If you live alone – the sum of their monthly income cannot be equal or greater than 189,66€.
If you live with family – the sum of the family’s monthly income cannot be equal to or greater than the maximum value of RSI – calculated according to the composition of the family. The maximum value of RSI corresponds to the following numbers for each family member:
|Recipient||189,66€ (100%) of the RSI value|
|Adult recipient||132,76€ (70%) of the RSI value|
|Underage recipient||94,83€ (50%) of the RSI value|
Conditions to access the RSI
Access to the RSI income depends on the value of your assets (bank deposits, obligations, certificates of savings, etc) not superior to 26145,60€. They will evaluate all your sources of income and evaluate if it is sufficient.
What are the requirements to access the RSI?
- Legal residence in Portugal
- Be in a situation of extreme poverty
- Assume the formal commitment (through a contract) of following an integration plan through the availability for employment, training or other forms of integration that are relevant.
- Be 18 years old or more
- Be registered in the Centro de Emprego (employment center) in the area where they live if they are unemployment but can work
- Authorise Segurança Social to have access to all relevant information in order to evaluate the socio-economic situation (this declaration is included in the application form when applying for the RSI)
- If you are unemployed due to your own initiative (without just cause), you may only ask for RSI one year after the date that you became unemployed.
- Applicant cannot be benefitting from other social programs designated to asylum seekers or refugees.
Where to go?
Segurança Social – Make an appointment using this link: marcação on-line or call to 300502502 between 09:00 and 18:00 (calls are charged). When you call you must choose option 2 – subsidies e prestações.
- Valid ID of the person applying and all the family members
- Photocopies of previous salary receipts from three months before if salaries were regular
- Residence card
- Application Form (http://www.seg-social.pt/documents/10152/14508239/RSI_1_DGSS/a5707a94-a2a1-4305-81e8-319e69b6a800)
- Document that evidences enrolment in school or internship (for children or adults if applicable)
- Declaration from IEFP (employment centre) stating that applicant is not able to work
- Medical declaration regarding to pregnancy
How to receive the fund?
Voucher sent by mail (CTT) or Bank Transfer
Period of time
This fund is given for a period of 12 months, renewable, as long as conditions don’t change