Kids Summer Club Lead
TheSummer Club is a month-longday time activity for kids between the ages of 5 and 11 years old andincludesgames, music, story time, crafts as well as educational fun. Your role as the Kids Summer Club Lead will include creatinga plan for the Kids Summer Club that takes place for the entire month of August. You will also be responsible for recruiting,trainingand managinga team of volunteers.As the Leader ofthe Kids Summer Club, you will be a vital member of a team that is making a meaningful impact to refugees and migrantskids inLisbon. The Lisbon Project is set on building a community that empowers and integrates migrants and refugees. We value relationship building in all that we do, and the Community Life Department is the central focus of making this all happen, through events, social gatherings,and regular excursions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing Summer Club plan which includes creating the schedule, excursions and activities.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers.
- Participate in camp activities, sharing enthusiasm for each activity.
- Communicate clearly with children, parents and team of volunteers.
- Be contact point for all Summer Club partners.
- Ensure safety of children at all times.
- Be observant and give written/ verbal feedback to the camp leader whenever appropriate.
- Address inappropriate and disciplinary issues promptly.
- Experience with working with children.
- Must have people management skills.
- Fun, creative and outgoing personality.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Must have conversational level of English and Portuguese.
- Must have ability to solve problems creatively and flexibly as they arise.
- Valid police clearance certificaterequired.
- Working in a team that aims to create impact.
- Develop leadership skills in a dynamic and fun setting.
- Know that you are contributing to the positive, healthy relationship building and empowerment of the community.
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting to know their stories.
Intern Reports to: Community Life Director
Time Commitment: 30 hours a week for 2 months (July and August)
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.