Legal Aid Assistant
We are currently seeking volunteers to assist in the multiple Legal-related processes to support beneficiaries within our community. the legal Aid assistant would be the main person to bridge the connection between the beneficiary and the Legal Aid Coordinator of the Lisbon Project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Legal team with schedules and deadlines.
- Assist program coordinator with emails and slack messages, as well as any other type of communication with beneficiaries and volunteers.
- Assist program coordinator with regular and accurate reporting on Aidhound.
- Support Legal Aid coordinator on theanalysis of legal cases to their appropriate allocation (Our Justice / Just Ask).
- Support Legal Aid team with research involving the Portuguese law.
- Support Legal Aid coordinator in the production of legal articles for the Lisbon Project’s website and blog.
- Support Legal Aid team in the production of videoc ontent for the Lisbon Project’s YouTube channel
- Participateon the videos explaining the law for the beneficiaries.
- Fluent in English and/or Portuguese; other language skills arevalued.
- Be studying or have studied Law in the past.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills (formal and informal).
- Authentically caring, showing genuine interest inbeneficiaries.
- Ability to carry donation items of different sizes and weights..
- Respect of beneficiary and volunteer confidentiality,
- Strong interpersonal communication and ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to use your own phone and if possible, your own laptop too
- Working in a team that aims to create impact.
- Work experience.
- Experience Certificate.
- Free tea and coffee when at the LP (like all day long).
- Participation in a diverse and unique environment.
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting to know their stories.
Time Commitment: 20 hours a week for 6 months period.
Volunteer reports to: Legal Aid Manager.
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.