Legal Clinic Lead
As the Lisbon Project’s Legal Clinic Lead, you will be primarily responsible for leading and developing the Legal Clinic: coordinating both in house and external services and thinking of ways to reach more and more beneficiaries. You will also be responsible for the collaboration between the Legal Clinic lawyers and the Bridge Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling appointments at the Legal Clinic
- Send reminders to beneficiaries about the Legal Clinic
- Send details of the beneficiaries to the lawyers before the meeting
- Welcome beneficiaries at the LP, set up any video calls (if relevant), and communicate with beneficiaries about waiting times
- Write up notes during appointments (if helpful for the lawyer)
- Fill out necessary monitoring sheets
- Drive the activity’s growth in consistence with Lisbon Project’s strategic plan so that our Legal Aid Program can reach more people with greater impact
- Support the Program Manager in any tasks related to coordinating, communication, monitoring and reporting of the Legal Clinic as requested
- Fluent in Portuguese and English
- Writing skills in both languages
- Knowledge of working in a legal setting and ideally of immigration law in Portugal is a benefit
- Knowledge of the Portuguese legal system, law firms and foreseeing the needs of the beneficiaries is a benefit
- Dedication to serving immigrant communities with a sincere commitment to working on behalf of low-income immigrants and refugees
- Ability to build personal networks at a high level, resulting in securing new opportunities and strategic growth for the Legal Clinic and the Legal Aid Program in collaboration with the Program Manager
- Networking opportunities – getting connected to philanthropists, top-level executives and people of all backgrounds
- Contribution to social impact – self-fulfillment and personal growth in pursuing a valuable cause
- Knowledge growth – learning about immigration related processes, contexts and realities as well as other NGO related topics in Portugal
- Multi-tasking – having the flexibility to work with different departments and teams, growing in the knowledge and experience of each as well as developing diverse skills to meet the needs presented
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long)!
- Participation in a diverse and unique environment
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours a week (being present at Lisbon Project office minimum once a week during the Legal Clinic) for a minimum of 6 months.
Volunteer reports to: Legal Aid Program Manager.
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.