Level Up Coach
As a Level Up Coach, you will be responsible for mentoring our beneficiaries by teaching them skills that will enhance their ability to find a job. Level Up is a 4-week program that offers the opportunity to learn new skills related to job applications, interviews and follow-up. The program is a collaborative process in which the focus is to elevate beneficiaries to the next level in their job hunting journey.
To be an excellent Level Up Coach, you must have good teaching skills, be organized, have a positive approach, be comforatble working one-on-one with different people and have strong communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use the Level Up Program lesson guide to prepare and teach lessons regarding to job applications, interview processes, email etiquette, follow ups, etc.
- Monitor, support and motivate beneficiaries in their learning process
- Undertake some administrative tasks by tracking mentorship process
- Participate in group workshops with Level Up beneficiaries and coaches
- Participate in training and experience exchange sessions with other Level Up coaches
- Fluent in English (other language skills are extremely valued). Sessions may be held in a third language that is common to both coach and beneficiary
- Demonstrated experience in teaching, leading and delivering effective programs
- Strong interpersonal communication including the ability to motivate others
- Must be affirmative when guiding beneficiary through the program
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity
- Must be friendly and eager to help
- Working in a team that aims to create impact
- Work experience
- Develop leadership skills in a dynamic and fun setting
- Know that you are contributing to the positive, healthy development of children and youth
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long)!
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting to know their stories
Time Commitment: 3 hours a week minimum
Volunteer reports to: Level Up Supervisor / Employment Program Manager
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.