Mom’s & Dad’s Club Volunteer
The Mom´s & Dad´s Club is a social group for new parents to build relationships and attend valuable workshops regarding parenting. As a team member of the Mom´s & Dad´s Club, your role will involve planning, executing, and joining the parent meet ups at the Lisbon Project or in other settings. Your main goal will be to facilitate relationship building amongst the new parents and yourself.
As a team member of the Mom´s & Dad´s Club, you will be a vital member of a team that is making a meaningful impact to refugee and migrant parents in Lisbon. We value relationship building in all that we do, and the Community Life Department is the central focus of making this all happen, through events, social gatherings, and regular excursions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Together with the Coordinator, plan, execute, and attend the regular parent meetups.
- Find partners or guest volunteers to conduct educational workshops.
- Take note of the varying needs of the families (materially, socially and emotionally).
- Communicate with the beneficiaries, assisting with any parenting questions they might have.
- Be open and available to share your own experience as a parent with the group and individuals.
- Assist Coordinator in managing Facebook Information group.
- Take attendance of all who participate and record any feedback.
- Help keep record of equipment library.
- Be open and present to create meaningful relationships with the families.
- Must have experience in childcare as medical professional or as a parent.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Be able to speak Portuguese and/or Arabic is a bonus.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, ability to create and maintain positive relationships.
- Cultural awareness and ability to interact with people from different cultures, genders, religions, and backgrounds.
- Working in a team that aims to create impact.
- Develop leadership skills in a dynamic and fun setting.
- Know that you are contributing to the positive, healthy relationship building and empowerment of the community.
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting to know their stories.
Volunteer reports to: Mom’s and Dad’s Club Coordinator
Time Commitment: 3-5 hours a week
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.