Portuguese Teacher-Basic (A1)
We are looking for a volunteer with some experience in teaching to lead a Portuguese Basic A1 level class for foreigners. We provide the curriculum and training, and you provide your time and skills! Each phase of the course lasts a total of 12 weeks, and classes will take place either online or at the LP classrooms. Classes are between 8-15 students depending on COVID-19 restrictions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and deliver the curriculum provided by the Lisbon Project
- Mark, grade and give written/verbal feedback whenever appropriate
- Inspire and motivate students to learn and practice the language
- Ensure that students’ varying needs and interests are met
- Maintain frequent and open communication with the Education team of the Lisbon Project
- Provide a creative and dynamic class, using a range of media and resources (video, music, games)
- Fluency in European Portuguese (Native speakers are preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including effective listening
- Leadership skills – ability to coordinate and teach a large group
- Cultural awareness and ability to interact with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
- Working in a team that aims to create impact
- Work experience
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long)!
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting know their stories
Time Commitment: 5 hours a week
Duration: Minimum 14 week commitment
Volunteer reports to: Education Program Manager
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.