Social Media Manager
The WeServe project aims to harness the power of story-telling in order to help migrants and refugees gain access to new job opportunities. By creating a platform that outlines available services, beneficiaries will be able to use their skills ranging anywhere from nannying to fixing computers. The platform will target the local and international “expat” community that may be needing these services. Our aim is to connect people according to needs and provide a bridge for our beneficiaries to find a more long-term means of income. We are currently looking for a Social Media Manager who can help us acheive these goal by managing the social media.
Essential duties and responsabilities:
- Record and edit photos and videos from the project’s activities;
- Create engaging multimedia content across all platforms;
- Develop and implement creative and engaging social media strategies;
- Manage day-to-day handling of all social media platforms, adapting content to suit each platform/channel;
- Develop, launch and manage new ad campaigns that promote the project and its services;
- Monitor, track, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook insights;
- Recommend improvements to increase performance;
- Collaborate with the project’s team members to support key initiatives and campaigns;
- Participate in team meetings.
- Photo and video editing experience;
- Adobe Creative Cloud software experience;
- Digital Marketing experience;
- Strong digital analytical skills, using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook insights;
- Strong copywriting and editing skills, suitable for each platform;
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas;
- Excellent teamwork, collaboration and networking skills;
- Experience with search engine optimization is a plus;
- Detail-oriented and efficient;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity;
- Must speak fluent English, other language skills are valued.
- Networking opportunities – getting connected to partner institutions, philanthropists and people of all backgrounds;
- Contribution to social impact – self-fulfillment and personal growth in pursuing a valuable cause;
- Knowledge growth – learning about immigration related processes, contexts and realities as well as other NGO related topics in Portugal;
- Multi-tasking – having the flexibility to work with different departments and teams, growing in the knowledge and experience of each as well as developing diverse skills to meet the needs presented;
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long)!
- Working with a super A-level team 😉
Time Commitment: 15 hours a week
Income: As a freelancer, you will receive €250 per month through Green Receipts (Recibos Verdes) for 10 months.
Reports to: Employment Program Manager
Application Deadline: 13th January 2022
Suggested start date: 20th January 2022
Apply: please send your CV and a cover letter to Margarida, Employment Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org