Summer Club Monitor
We are currently seeking volunteers to assist during the Lisbon Project Kids’ Summer Club Program for children between the ages of 4 and 12 years old. You will be responsible to implement the camp plan, set up by the Lisbon Project staff. The camp will include games, music, story time, crafts as well as a few excursions. Your main goal will be to create a fun and comfortable environment, taking care of the children during the month of August but also teach them some valuable social and educational lessons. The Kids Summer Club will be held over 5 weeks, Monday to Friday from 9h00- 14h30. The camp will take place from 2 August – 3 September 2021 and volunteers will be required to commit to at least 4 out of 5 days per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and deliver the camp plan provided by the Lisbon Project.
- Be available to lead some activities such as crafts, song and dance, morning exercises, story time etc.
- Be punctual each day and be available for weekly debriefs.
- Assist with set up and clean up each day.
- Create a fun and comfortable environment for the children.
- Be available to accompany children on excursions.
- Be observant and give written/verbal feedback to camp leader whenever appropriate.
- Address inappropriate and disciplinary issues promptly.
- Maintain frequent and open communication with the Summer Club Leader as well as parents of the student.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Must be energetic,creative, outgoing and friendly.
- Must have the ability to work with children.
- Basic level of Portuguese is a bonus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including effective listening.
- Cultural awareness and ability to interact with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds.
- All successful applicants will need to submit a valid police clearance certificate.
- All Camp assistants will be responsible for their own transport to and from the Summer Club Location in Lisbon.
- Working in a team that aims to create impact
- Work experience
- Develop leadership skills in a dynamic and fun setting
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long)!
- Meeting people from all over the world and getting know their stories
Time Commitment: 4 days a week from 9h00-14h30
Volunteer reports to: Summer Club Leader
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being a part of our team.