The WeServe project aims to harness the power of story-telling in order to help migrants and refugees gain access to new job opportunities. By creating a platform that outlines available services, beneficiaries will be able to use their skills ranging anywhere from nannying to fixing computers. The platform will target the local and international “expat” community that may be needing these services. Our aim is that we will connect people according to needs and provide a bridge for our beneficiaries to find a more long-term means of income.
Essential duties and respnsabilities:
- Design and build a user-friendly website, while ensuring it is also mobile-friendly;
- Work closely with Tester to find and fix bugs or any other website issues;
- Maintain and update website when needed;
- Develop automated actions to contact beneficiaries and customers and track services;
- Make suggestions for better solutions and ways to improve efficiency;
- Collaborate with the projects’ team members to build and effective website.
- Experience with WordPress site development and management;
- Strong knowledge of web design/development best practices and tools;
- Experience with UI/UX and responsive web design and development is a plus;
- Knowledge and understanding of SEO strategies is a plus;
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Analytical and detail-oriented;
- Must speak fluent English.
- Networking opportunities – getting connected to partner institutions, philanthropists and people of all backgrounds;
- Contribution to social impact – self-fulfillment and personal growth in pursuing a valuable cause;
- Knowledge growth – learning about immigration related processes, contexts and realities as well as other NGO related topics in Portugal;
- Multi-tasking – having the flexibility to work with different departments and teams, growing in the knowledge and experience of each as well as developing diverse skills to meet the needs presented;
- Free tea and coffee (like all day long)!
- Working with a super A-level team 😉
Income: As a freelancer for the WeServe project, will be paid €500 through Green Receipts (Recibos Verdes) for the creation of the WeServe platform.
Reports to: Employment Program Manager
Application Deadline: 13th January 2022
Suggested start date: 20th January 2022
Apply: please send your CV and a cover letter to Margarida, Employment Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org